There are many people who would want to have gardens in their homes, if the space permits. Ornamental plants and flowers can alter one’s mood and can make the atmosphere different. However, some people are allergic to pollen, so this is also a hindrance when it comes to plants. Palm trees can be good replacements to flowers. They do not necessarily take a lot of space, and they are relatively easy to maintain. Here are some tips in palm tree care.
The first thing that you should know if you are interested in palm trees is to choose the correct species of palm tree. Most palm trees grow tall and their leaves spread wide, but some species like the cabbage palm have bushier leaves, giving it a heavier feel. The Christmas palm, on the other hand, grows a bit shorter than most species, but its leaves tend to spread a bit wider. Before you buy a plant, make sure to check which species is suitable for your place, as well as palm tree care for each species.
Next, you have to make sure if your neighborhood allows big trees like palm trees. Palm trees do not necessarily grow wide, but they can grow as tall as 40 feet, and their leaves can spread wide. If you have a smaller piece of land, you can try looking for smaller species of palm tree, or look for species that can be grown indoors. Most species, however, should be grown outdoors, as palm trees like the sun. Whether your palm trees are indoors or outdoors, make sure to check the internet for palm tree care tips.
Finally, once you’ve planted your palm tree, you have to take care of it to prevent it from wilting or rotting. Most palm trees succumb to yellowing or wilting if not given enough sunlight, and some species are susceptible to pests and insects. Make sure to give your palm trees enough sunlight and water, plus add a dash of fertilizer to keep it looking its best. Once you’ve followed the palm tree care tips you’ve seen on books or online, then you’re tree would definitely last long and would be healthy and beautiful.
From the first moment that you decide to plant queen palm trees in your yard, you also have to get knowledge on queen palm tree care. It all starts in planting the tree and the factors that go along with it. You have to think about the soil, the location as well as the amount of sunlight that your plan tree gets.
• In terms of the soil quality, this must be a spot in your yard that’s full of nutrients.
• In line with the location, you might like to consider a spot where your palm tree will have enough space to grow and thrive.
• As for the sunlight that a certain spot gets, you want to plant your palm tree where there’s enough sunlight for it to grow.
The Watering Schedule in Queen Palm Tree Care
After planting your queen palm tree, you need to ensure that you water this tree thoroughly. As a rule of thumb, watering your palm tree should be a daily ritual for at least three weeks after you plant it. After the period of three weeks, you can now water your palm three times a week. During the winter season, you only need to water your queen palm tree twice a week.
The Need for Fertilizer in Queen Palm Tree Care
Thinking about the place that you plant your queen palm tree in, you can bet that this patch of soil wouldn’t have all the nutrients that your tree needs. You can help along by fertilizing it. You can take the advice of the pros where you apply fertilizer two or three times a year. The best time to do this would be in the spring or in the summer. With the magnesium, iron, copper, nitrogen and manganese that fertilizer has, you’re keeping a lookout for your queen palm tree care and well being. Apply the fertilizer around your tree making sure that it’s up to two feet distance from the trunk.
The Benefits of Pruning in Queen Palm Tree Care
Pruning is a task that you have to take care of in September. When you do this, you ensure that your queen palm tree will grow up a strong tree. Prune the yellow or brown fronds from the tree. However, make sure that you don’t over-prune your tree and also you have to make use of sterilized tools to ensure that fungus doesn’t get in the way of your queen palm tree care.
Tricks and Tips in Windmill Palm Tree Care
Even if you have palm trees that are particularly easy to take care of like windmill palm trees, you would still need to get some knowledge in windmill palm tree care. When you have the right tools and follow the right tips on caring for your windmill palm tree, you can guarantee that it can beautify your yard for many years to come.
Steps to Consider with Windmill Palm Tree Care
1) When you’re in the process of picking out a spot for your palm tree, choose the one that’s partially shaded. You also need to pick a place where the soil is well trained.
2) When you’re watering your palm, water the soil around your tree. You do this every two weeks. If you can divide the watering sessions into two hour periods that would be better than sprinkling in the water needs of your palm in just one blow.
3) Twice a year, make sure that you fertilize your palm tree.
4) Prune any of the fronds in your tree that turned brown. When you’re pruning, cut six inches away from the truck to avoid damaging your palm tree trunk.
5) In the winter, you have to put in more effort into your windmill palm tree care where you wrap burlap on it to prevent freezing temperatures from harming your tree.
Essential Factors in Windmill Palm Tree Care
• Soil Conditions – this is most important when you’re in the process of planting your tree. You need to give it enough space for the roots to grow and penetrate the soil and you also need to have a depth that covers your tree’s root system.
• Water – it has to be emphasized that you shouldn’t water your tree too much. Twice a week is a good enough amount when you live in an area with dry climate. You can also take a cue from the condition of the soil if you need to water less or water more.
• Sunlight – as hardy as these trees are, they will thrive much better in a partially shaded area. If you put your tree under direct sunlight, you have to water the tree more often.
• Fertilization – with soil in urban areas like the soil in your yard being devoid of nutrients, you need to help your tree by fertilizing the soil two times a year.
With the proper windmill palm tree care, your trees will survive for a very long time.